Monday, March 17, 2008

St. Paddy's Day

The best day of the year. Although I'm exhausted and wayy behind on work after SXSW I will be drinking during the day and playing Irish folk songs on my radio show today. I'm working on a piece about SXSW it will be up on Weds. in audio form. I saw Billy Bragg on Thursday and although he is English not Irish I found his lyrics
"I was twenty one years when I wrote this song
I'm twenty two now, but I won't be for long
People ask when will you grow up to be a man
But all the girls I loved at school
are already pushing prams" on "A New England" particularly relevant to my own life.
Top St. Paddy's Day recommendations




3 comments:

amberbird said...

I dont want to change the world
Im not looking for a new england.
Im just looking for another girllllll!

Ive bookmarked your blog.
be prepared for senseless comments.
-amberr

Kevin O'Brien said...

thanks for reading, why don't you make your profile public, amberrr

amberbird said...

go look nowwwwww.
and come back to texas!